Group Bots - Fun for the whole family
The documentation for
This is how we make group bots, according to the Gitlab Documentation
and…. This is how we make project scoped tokens: project tokens
The scope can be set, here’s the docs
It appears that in Gitlab Issue 214045 / Gitlab Issue 214046 They have now allowed you to create bot/tokens in the UI.
Introduced in GitLab 14.7.
- On the top bar, select
Menu > Groupsand find your group.
- On the left sidebar, select
Settings > Access Tokens.
- Enter a name.
The token name is visible to any user with permissions to view the group.
4. Enter an expiry date for the token. The token will expire on that date at midnight UTC.
- An instance-wide maximum lifetime setting can limit the maximum allowable lifetime in self-managed instances.
- Select a role for the token.
- Select the desired scopes.
- Select Create group access token.
A group access token is displayed. Save the group access token somewhere safe. After you leave or refresh the page, you can’t view it again.
You get to this by running
~/Nextcloud/Git_Repos/hoof-and-paw/lichtenberg-skeleton (main)$ docker login gitlab.wolfspyre.io -user=botnamehere -p token-here